Yesterday I started sharing with you what life has taught me in the past year. Read Part 1 here.
This is something that I do every year on or around my birthday. Yesterday I shared the first 25 things. Read below for more of the list.
The list is serious, fun, funny, and corny…but hopefully you’ll be provoked to think of some things, be inspired, and gain some things in your own personal life.
- The mouth is a very powerful tool. Control it and your can control a lot of foolishness in life.
- Most people fail in life because of character and integrity issues and not just because of salvation issues. As a matter of fact, a lot of people have salvation, but don’t have character.
- You need a coach for every area of your life.
- The bigger your platform the better your discipline must be.
- Life can be really short. Since we don’t know how much time we have on the earth, it’s best to maximize each day.
- There has got to be a better way to keep track of these kid’s socks. We have literally bought our kids socks on a Monday and Tuesday morning – we couldn’t find one pair. What gives???????
- Have one conversation at a time…including with yourself…
- Some people have become okay with unresolved issues and habitual sin in their lives.
- Your whole life shouldn’t be put on social media. Too many people find out stuff on Faceboook, Twitter, or Instagram that should have been a personal conversation. Really people!?!?!?!?
- People underestimate how subtle the enemy works to get us to not just accept God. His goal is to deceive you into doing things that you think are okay with God when actuality they are pulling you from God. I guess that why that verse says, “how long will you be halted between two opinions…?”
- Past success doesn’t guarantee future success. Don’t feel entitled to success.
- The word, “Reinvention” has taken on a whole new meaning.
- I really don’t like being called “Chris”, except but by a very small group of very close people. I am amazed at how many people take offense when you ask them to call you by, “Christopher” instead of “Chris” as though it shouldn’t be a big deal. Isn’t this my name!?!?!
- The supernatural world is real and satan wants to create counterfeits.
- Most people don’t know what to do when they get honor. They soak it in, when in reality they should just give it away. (it’ll make room for more of it!)
- I owe it to God to grow.
- If you ask God, He’ll give you the grace to communicate well and graciously.
- There are some days where I loathe email and any social media!
- All of our life and life events are connected. God has the power to redeem any and every situation for a use that allows your life to bring him honor.
- The Lord REALLY does know what He’s doing.
- Nothing is stable except God’s Word.
- The local church is under such attack – God must be really working on a MASTER plan…
- satan will make a fool out of anybody that lets him.
- An open invitation isn’t always an open invitation. Just because a person invites you to call, doesn’t mean that they want you to really call. Or even, just because they open the door doesn’t mean you always walk through it! (I’ve always wondered why my grandmother wouldn’t let us eat when we’d stop by someone else’s house. We would be starving and she wouldn’t let us even have a cracker!)
- Some people’s kind words are only a set-up for an IOU.
Okay, I think this list is probably the most serious portion. Anyway, I hope you gleaned something. Stay tuned tomorrow for the rest of the list!
What you think so far? I’d love for you to leave a comment below!